The 2023 Congressional Art Competition is now live! The office deadline to submit art pieces is Monday, May 1, at 5:00 p.m. PT.
NOTICE: If you have reached this page without verifying your zip code, you will not be able to process the form. Please verify your zip code to proceed.
Each spring, the U.S. House of Representatives holds a nationwide high school arts competition. The Congressional Art Competition (CAC) is an opportunity to recognize and encourage the artistic talent in the nation, as well as in our congressional district. The CAC began in 1982 to provide an opportunity for members of Congress to encourage and recognize the artistic talents of their young constituents. Since then, more than 650,000 high school students have been involved with the nationwide competition.
The Congressional Art Competition is open to all high school students who live or attend school in the Second District. The winner of our district's competition will be displayed for one year in the U.S. Capitol with winning pieces from around the country.
Artwork entered in the contest may be up to 26 inches by 26 inches (including the frame) and may be up to 4 inches in depth. The artwork may be:
· Paintings - including oil, acrylics, and watercolor
· Drawings - including pastels, colored pencil, pencil, charcoal, ink, and markers (It is recommended that charcoal and pastel drawings be fixed.)
· Prints - including lithographs, silkscreen and block prints
· Mixed Media
· Computer-generated art
· All entries must be an original in concept, design and execution. One submission per student will be accepted.
Artwork must be submitted no later than Monday, May 1, at 5:00 p.m. PT. If you wish to submit your artwork in person or need to make other arrangements, please call 425-252-3188 to schedule an appointment.
Submissions may also be mailed to:
Office of Rep. Rick Larsen
Re: Congressional Art Competition
Wall Street Building
2930 Wetmore Avenue, Suite 9F
Everett, WA 98201
Before you submit your art, please take a moment to review the following checklist and ensure that:
· Artwork is no larger than 26 inches x 26 inches x 4 inches when framed
· Eye hooks or equivalent must be attached at the back of the artwork
· Student Information and Release Form is attached to the back of the artwork or attached to email submission.
· Artwork should have a label affixed to the back/included in email with the student's Name, Address, Phone Number, Title, Medium, Representative's name, State and District.
Full competition rules are available here.
If you would like more information on the annual Congressional District Art Competition, please call Kevin Phan at 425-252-3188 or email at Kevin.Phan@mail.house.gov.
To submit your artwork, please download and print this Student Consent Form. This form must be attached to the artwork that is entered. If you cannot print the form, please contact our office for a copy.