Washington House Delegation Announces Friendly Super Bowl Wager with Colorado Colleagues
WASHINGTON – With the Seattle Seahawks set to face the Denver Broncos in Super Bowl XLVIII, the Washington House Delegation extended a friendly wager with the Colorado House Delegation.
With Seattle’s victory, the Colorado House delegation will provide an array of regional treats to Washington members.
“It’s often said that championships are won with defense, and we couldn’t agree more. The last time the Seahawks played a Manning at MetLife stadium, our number one ranked defense led by the ‘Legion of Boom’ forced 5 interceptions and gave up exactly zero points,” said the Washington delegation. “With that in mind, we’d like to thank the Colorado delegation’s very generous contribution to the victory party that we’ll be holding on February 3rd. Go Hawks!”
In the highly unlikely event the Broncos are victorious, the delegation has put together a package of some of Washington’s specialties.
“My Colorado colleagues and I are proud to offer up some of our state’s fantastic beverages and food for our friends from Washington,” said Representative Diana DeGette (01-Colo.), on behalf of the Colorado delegation. “With the Denver Broncos on the verge of capturing their 3rd Lombardi Trophy, we are looking forward to enjoying the best that Washington state has to offer.”
The products wagered by the Washington House delegation include:
- Rep. Suzan DelBene (01-Wash.): Woodinville Wine and Smoked Salmon
- Rep. Rick Larsen (02-Wash.): Gin from Everett's Bluewater Distilling
- Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler (03-Wash.): Candy from Chehalis Mints
- Rep. Doc Hastings (04-Wash.): A bottle of Central Washington Wine
- Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers (05-Wash.): Cougar Gold Cheese from Pullman
- Rep. Derek Kilmer (06-Wash.): Caramel Apples from Amy’s Decadent Chocolates and Almond Roca
- Rep. Jim McDermott (07-Wash.): Theo’s Chocolate
- Rep. Dave Reichert (08-Wash.): Boehm's Chocolates, Blueberry Hill Farm's blueberry pies, and Washington apples
- Rep. Adam Smith (09-Wash.): Vietnamese BBQ from Rainier Restaurant and BBQ
- Rep. Denny Heck (10-Wash.): Fisher Fair Scone Mix
- Delegation: Skittles
The Colorado House delegation has offered:
- Rep. Diana DeGette (01-Colo.): Stranahan’s Whiskey & Tamales
- Rep. Jared Polis (02-Colo.): Celestial Seasonings Tea
- Rep. Scott Tipton (03-Colo.): Enstrom Toffee
- Rep. Cory Gardner (04-Colo.): Rocky Mountain Oysters
- Rep. Doug Lamborn (05-Colo.): 2 locally-sourced, hormone and antibiotic-free Callicrate Beef sirloin steaks from Ranch Foods Direct
- Rep. Mike Coffman (06-Colo.): 6 pack of Dry Dock Brewing Company’s Amber Ale
- Rep. Ed Perlmutter (07-Colo.): Caution Brewery Bomber Bat, barrel aged version of their smoked robust porter.